When God Says No by Elizabeth Laing Thompson

 5 stars

This book takes a vignette from a Bible story and brings an application to our lives today (disappointment, bitterness, etc).  The chapter with the application ends with a prayer and journal prompt.  

One takeaway that I enjoyed from this book is that I often remember the heroes of faith for their walk with God but do not always remember that they were also told no by God.  I think of Moses and his walk with God and then he was told that he could not entered the Promised Land.  

A verse that I always enjoy in Scripture is "My power is made complete in weakness".  The author reminded me that everyone always wants the miracle but they often do not want the crisis that precedes it.

This book gave me many things to think about and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to Barbour Publishing for a copy of the book.  This is my honest review.  

You can find the book at Barbour here:  When God Says "No" (barbourbooks.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer