The Nature of Small Birds by Susie Finkbeiner

 5 stars    

This author is another must read for me when she has a book coming out.  In fact, I didn't even request it on netgalley because I wanted to buy it and have a copy for myself.  After my grandma read it, I finally got a chance to read it.

This story is told from the perspective of the three of the characters from three different time periods.  It is not all about birds but definitely talks about them at times and the beauty of nature.  The main story revolves around little Minh who was part of the Baby Lift program from Viet Nam.  I had never heard of this before so this was fascinating for me.  International adoption has meant so much to me since I was able to go with my aunt to China when they adopted my cousin.  The book left me thinking about the emotions and the stories of each of the characters.

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to the author releases her next one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

The Librarian of Saint-Malo by Mario Escobar