Children of the Shadows by Erica Vetsch

 I did not read the first two books in the series and this might have been a big disadvantage for me.  I felt like there were so many people and I couldn't keep all of the characters straight.  It seemed like so much of the beginning of the story had to do with Daniels inheritance as opposed to the missing children which was disappointing to me.


I did enjoy the story more once we were in the midst of the disappearances and the other nefarious activities.  The story became much more interesting to me then.  I really enjoyed the characters of uncle Bertie, Marcus, Charlotte and Juliette.


Thanks so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.  The opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

The All American by Susie Finkbeiner