The Songbird of Hope Hill by Kim Vogel Sawyer

 Such a powerful and redemptive story.  I enjoyed how the author put faces to the women who are involved in prostitution.  These women are also created in the image of God and are so precious to Him.


So many of the characters were so enjoyable for many different reasons.  I loved how Ophelia had this quiet strength and wisdom.  Birdie was so tough despite the rough road that she had been on. I was rooting for Ellie throughout the book!


I enjoyed how the reader can guess what "secrets" are hidden throughout the story but many aren't revealed until the end.


Thanks so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.  The opinions are my own

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

The Girl at the Back of the Bus by Suzette D. Harrison