The Heart of Splendid Lake by Amy Clipston

 5 stars

I really enjoyed my trip to Splendid Lake!  There were so many things that resounded to me within this story--the loss of Brianna's father and the subject of foster care.  


I enjoy reading stories of characters who care so much about their family even when it is hard.  Brianna's family is struggling with grief and financial struggles and yet she keeps fighting for her family.  Scott is the other main character and his life has been pretty difficult, growing up in the foster care system but he has found the strength to persevere.


I really hope that the author takes the reader on another trip to Splendid Lake!


Thanks so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.  The opinions are my own.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer