The Return of the Big Valley

 4 stars

This is a collection of 3 novellas.  I enjoyed that they were each pretty full novels and that I could fully invest in the characters and the stories.


The first novella was about Israel and Martha and this one was my favorite.  It was such a sweet story and I loved the way that Israel and Martha cared for the 5 boys in the midst of such a hard time.  


The next story was about Martha and Glenn.  Martha was a little different because she enjoyed hunting and fishing.  I liked that Glenn was interested in her for who she was.  


The last story was about Alma and was probably my least favorite.  She went to live with her friends after the loss of her husband.  I did not really enjoy her character because everything has to be her way.


Thanks to the publisher for a copy of this book.  The opinions are my own.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer