A Place to call Home by Lizzie Page

 I did not read the first book in this series so it took me a little bit to figure out who the characters were and how they were involved in the story.

Clara is a single woman who runs the local home for orphan children.  I loved her tenacious spirit and her determination to fight for what was in the best interests of the kids.  I also enjoyed how each of the children in the home were able to participate in hobbies that were of interest to them.  One of my favorite characters was Marilyn who was the mom of Clara's fiance who had passed away.

Thank so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.  The opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer