Foster the Family by Jamie C. Finn

 I can't say enough good things about this book and how it impacted me and my thinking!  We were thrust in to the world of fostering and it can be a lonely and isolating journey.  This book encouraged me so much and gave me so much more to think about!  I am going to include some of my favorite quotes below!  This book should be read by foster families and anyone that is supporting a foster family!


"Worrying about getting too attached takes away from our ability to love and serve our foster children the very best we can" (Location 1025 in Kindle)  


This is another important idea for me to remember when I am taking care of my foster kids--"Therefore, the ways you parent kids from hard places may look very different from the methods of the friends and family you're parenting alongside"  (Location 1489 in Kindle)


The foster journey is a very difficult one and this quote speaks to me:  "I so want to do this foster thing well, and then every day my weakness touches it all"  (Location 1632 in Kindle)


This was something that helped me when thinking  about my own kids and the emotional toll of foster care, "One of the reasons we do foster care is for our children, so they'll learn about sacrificial love and service and following Jesus in hard ways" (Location 1911 in Kindle)


This last quote really helped me to think about loving the biological parents more, "I know that God loves these biological parents.  That He adores their souls, that they are deeply precious to Him.  That before being one who shows grace, I'm one who has received grace" (Location 3209 in Kindle)


These are my 5 favorite quotes, there are so many more, which is why you need to buy the book and check it out!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer