Shaped by the Waves by Christina Suzann Nelson

 This is an author that writes books that are about current issues and draw the reader right in to the story.  I do not usually buy a lot of books but I had my husband pre-order this book for me back in August for my birthday.

This story was a little bit slow for me and hard for me to figure out how the characters related to each other.  Cassie is the main character in the story and she comes home with her 4 year old daughter, Lark, to help take care of her Aunt Shasta.  Cassie receives an anonymous manuscript in the mail and is unsure how it applies to her life.  There is also another character, Nora, that is talked about frequently in the story.  This character was a little bit of an enigma to me.   


I enjoyed how Cassie sought to take good care of her Aunt Shasta and really enjoyed how the community rallied around Cassie and Lark to help them out through this difficult time.  

Thanks so much to the publisher for the ARC.  The opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer