Among the Innocent by Mary Alford

 This is the first book that I have read by this author but will definitely be checking out her other books.


This book had me turning the pages like crazy trying to figure out what is going to happen next.  Leah is a former Amish person who leaves the community after her family is murdered.  She becomes a police officer to avenge her families deaths.  Almost 10 years later there is another murder that is very similar to Leah's attempted murder.  


The dreamy new police chief, Dalton, is also keeping secrets on how he is connected to the initial murders.  I enjoyed how protective he was of Leah.  


This was a great story to read and definitely kept my interest.


Thanks so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.  The opinions are my own.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer