Escape from Amsterdam by Lauralee Bliss

This was part of the Heroines of WWII Series and I have read most of the books and really enjoyed them.  I loved that this story was set in Netherlands as that is where our family originally came from.  I also thought that the story of helping children escape from the Nazis sounded so interesting.  


Helen and Erik are drawn together and seek to understand the world as it is changing so much with the Nazis invading the Netherlands.  They each have a very strong faith and depend on that and each other.  I wish that the story would have moved a little faster in the beginning and moved more to the heart of the story.  The Vissers were a very sweet couple and I enjoyed the descriptions of them.  


I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer