The Divine Proverb of Streusel by Sara Brunsvold

 This book came to me at just the right time as our family is in the midst of repeated losses.  I read this book within 24 hours but it may be one of the few books that I reread as I would love to glean more of the wisdom from it.   


I loved this book because I felt like Grandma Ann could have been my grandma imparting so much Biblical wisdom to me.  Uncle Wes was a phenomenal character as well.  He knew when to speak to those around him and when to keep quiet.  Aunt Emma was another person that I would love to have in my corner.  Her ability to find the humor in situations and her zest for life was insatiable.  Last but not least were Joyce and Nikki.  Despite the hard times that both characters had they kept doing the next thing .


I loved how the author included soamy recipes and had Nikki fumbling her way through them as well.  I look forward to using the wisdom before the recipe as I prepare these recipes and future recipes.


Thanks so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.  The opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey

No Romancing the Passengers by Lee Wimmer